Alpha version for Docati 5.0 is out!
You can get it from NuGet by enabling prerelease-versions.
Get the accompanying Word add-in from here.
When applying for a trial license, please indicate you want a v5 license.
- Most important v5-feature: ImportTemplate-placeholder: imports other templates to allow for reuse of often used parts.
- Smal fixes for ValueOf and If placeholders inside tables with colspans.
- Docati.Api updated: many small fixes to PDF-generation.
- Docati Word add-in updated: support for web-based templates (eg: on a OneDrive-folder or SharePoint document library) and updated Docati.Api.
- Docati.Api is now available as a public NuGet-package to allow much easier updates.
- Huge update: the Docati Word add-in now works stand-alone and longer depends on an installed Docati Service. This will make it a lot easier to evaluate Docati or to get template designers up to speed quickly, with much less hussle.
- Fixed issue with ImageOf which, when contained inside a ForEach, would display the same images.
- Docati can now be used in-process by simply referencing the Docati.Api.dll.
- Word add-in: support for copy-pasting of Docati-placeholders across open documents (until now this was only possible within the open template)
- Added support for CORS on the REST-endpoints (always enabled).
- Added support for importing external images (outside the templates-folder). Requires web.config setting 'AllowExternalResources' to be added.
- Word add-in: small fix for opening test results (could break if previous test result was locked/still opened)
- Added extended support for custom numeric and date formatting, with respect to the template-culture.
- Fix for PDF-format regarding tables with fixed layout
- EULA-prompt added to Word add-in (for legal reasons)
- Fix for conditional rendering (If-placeholder) leaving empty line
- AspNetCompatibilityMode-attribute set to allow for custom security-configuration in web.config (to authorize only specific Windows users/groups)
- Extended numeric formatting uptions: added Numeric1 and Numeric3.
- Fixes for PDF-format regarding font-handling
- Fixes for Word add-in: ribbon was sometimes disabled. taskpane sometimes displayed more than once
- The on-premise version is finally available! Contact us if you would like to check it out.
- The shared cloud service is discontinued as of September 1st.
- The Docati Word Add-in (v2.6) now depends on the client profile version of the .NET 4 framework, instead of the full version. This reduces the startup time for the add-in, and therefore reduces startup time for Word itself as well.
For most people this also removes the requirement to download and install the complete .NET 4 framework, since the client profile variant is often already installed.
- Performance improvements for the Docati Word Add-in (v2.5)
- Platforms upgrades for our services (Azure SDK, OS-upgrade).
Our apologies for the unexpected 20 min downtime you may have experienced on January 7th.
- Completely new REST endpoint: json-data can be added as-is (no more encoding required), generated document is streamed back, allowing for immediate download.
See the SoapUI-sample project for an example request. In the future this will become the preferred endpoint. The SOAP-endpoint will remain supported as well,
but the existing REST-endpoint will be terminated after Jan 1st 2015.
- Many small fixes to the service for handling styling issues with the ValueOf-placeholder.
- Fix for tax-handling (wasn't charged correctly when tax exempt did not apply)
- Many small performance fixes.
- Data can now be formatted in Json. A new DataJson-element has been added to the request: either DataXML or DataJson must be provided (check the updated WSDL). The sample SoapUI-project has been updated to provide an example of the json-format: Download (use Save-As).
- The output-format can now be selected from within the Word add-in as well (for PDF beta testers).
- During regular maintenance of the Management Portal on May 29th, you may have experienced slow responses in the Management Portal itself or when testing templates from within the Word add-in. The service itself was not impacted. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Support for regular (easy) queries added: XPath is no longer a requirement. This major update make it possible for business-people to maintain templates, but the average IT-guy will probably love this too! :-)
Regular and advanced (xpath) queries can be combined, so it's fine to use regular queries most of the time, but use advanced queries for more complex situations.
Fix: when no image data is found inside the data XML, instead of a processing-error, an empty image is now inserted (while, 1x1 jpg). This is more convenient, since until now you needed to wrap ImageOf placeholders with If placeholders.
Word add-in (22.214.171.124) now uses longer timeout (90 seconds) to support testing with large data XML and/or larger templates/generated documents on slow internet connections.
The processing time of the service itself has not been modifed: total processing (from first byte received until last byte sent) must still complete within 60 seconds.
Processing-log now displays number of errors and warning below the grid, including the last error (if any)
Template processing errors that occur when testing a template using the Word Add-In no longer cause an exception-message, but are displayed in the processing-log.
Template and XML data size limits have changed: XML-data can now be up to 10MB, generated documents can be up to 16MB. Need even more? Contact us for options.
Processing-log now displays the name of the Docati-placeholder, instead of the placeholder-text.
Docati-placeholders are now colored orange (Word 2013 and up) to make them more easily distinguished from regular content controls
Fixes for Direct-Edit: both the taskpane as the Docati-placeholders in the document are updated.
For Word 2010 or later, the Docati-ribbon will remain activated when opening a template (Word 2007 does not allow this).
Processing-log added! When testing a template, the processing log displays exact details for every Docati-placeholder. This will be a great help when fixing template errors.
Support added for PDF (beta). Contact us if you want to use it!